The Assembler will assemble prefabricated metal parts to build modular storage units, move and align subassemblies and components, install major components, inspect parts, subassemblies and finished products to ensure quality. Other tasks may be assigned as required.
- Quality Orientation
- Team Work
- Operating Power Tools
- Operating Equipment
- Problem Solving
- Results Oriented
- Ethics and Integrity
What you’re responsible for:
- Fit and assemble prefabricated metal components and parts to customer specifications.
- Work within times allowed on work order for each project step.
- Scan on and off each step allocated on work order.
- Study and interpret drawings to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, tools to be used, and materials for the job requirements.
- Measure, examine and test completed parts,
- Communicate with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve quality issues.
- Adhere to 5-S, Lean manufacturing and safety policies.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Fit and assemble metal parts and sub-assemblies using hand and power tools.
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Wear company supplied uniform every day.
- Use company suggestion box to provide innovative ideas to assist the company in progression.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role required.
- Strong quality orientation and attention to detail.
- Steel-toed safety boots required.
- Experience in the truck body industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing is an asset.
- CPIC required.
- Travel may be required
- Manual dexterity required to operate tools and equipment
- Overtime as required
Annual salary based on experience and skills + benefits.