CNC Turret Punch Operator
Operate the CNC Turret Punch and support the production team by assembling parts, operating machinery, bending, punching or sawing of metal products as instructed by supervisors. Produce a variety of parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings.
- Quality Orientation
- Computer literacy
- Team Work
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Ethics and Integrity
What you’re responsible for:
- Operate the CNC Turret Punch and other machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators.
- Select proper die clearances based on material requirements.
- Set up tooling, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Determine condition of tools and point of re-sharpening.
- Re-sharpen punches and dies as needed.
- Work in a fast paced environment with fast changing priorities.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Assemble items as instructed by shift leader or floor supervisor.
- Prepare product for shipment.
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually up to 60 pounds, or by using hoist. Physically able to clear jams from machine.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 2+ years of experience operating and programming the Trumpf, Amada or similar CNC Turret Punches required; Experience with Dr. ABE highly preferred.
- Dr. ABE programming experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCad highly preferred.
- Solid background working with sheet metal.
- Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance.
- Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
- Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel and Stainless Steel, Copper and Brass.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in an effective way.
- Flexible schedule is required; this position requires shift work as well as some weekend work.
- Candidate has to be a strong Team player.
- Candidate has to be reliable.
- Ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision while meeting all product quality requirements.
- Ability to read a tape measure and ruler (ability to convert fractions to decimals and conversely decimals to fractions).
- Ability to read blueprints and a knowledge of engineered specified tolerances.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds frequently.
- Employee may be required to work in potentially hazardous environments requiring protective equipment
- Employee may be exposed to dust, hazardous chemicals and high level of noise
- Employee may be exposed to uncomfortable work settings; may have long combinations of standing, crouching, or sitting
- Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Overtime as required
- Manual dexterity required to operate tools and equipment
Annual salary based on experience and skills + benefits.