Shipping and Receiving Clerk
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk ensures seamless processing of incoming items and outgoing shipments. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk understands the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of outgoing items. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position.
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
What you’re responsible for:
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Maintain filing of shipping documents.
- Prepare and schedule shipments as assigned.
- Create a daily shipment schedule.
- Schedule daily transportation needs with different carriers/couriers.
- Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Create purchase requisitions and obtain approval prior to placing supply orders.
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Follow current standards and procedures.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Make deliveries with a company vehicle as assigned.
- Notify Purchasing Department when stocks are low or not moving.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Online shipping, tracking and receiving experience utilizing FedEx, UPS, Purolator and DHL.
- Experience in the Manufacturing industry preferred.
- Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of landing and international shipments.
- Ability to weigh and measure items.
- Working knowledge of safe packing methods.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift truck.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs. may be required.
- Work is performed in a combination of environments.
- This position may be exposed to elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes and oils.
Annual salary based on experience and skills + benefits.