Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Assembler will assemble prefabricated metal parts to build modular storage units, move and align subassemblies and components, install major components, and inspect parts, subassemblies and finished products to ensure quality. Other tasks may be assigned as required.
Hours of Work: This position works Monday-Thrusday night, approximately 40 hours (3:45pm – 2:00am).
• Fit and assemble prefabricated metal components and parts to customer specifications
• Work efficiently within times allowed on work order for each project step; work effectively with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
• Scan on and off each step allocated on work order
• Fit and assemble metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools.
• Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
• Study and interpret drawings to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, tools to be used, and materials for the job requirements
• Measure, examine and test completed parts
• Communicate with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve quality issues.
• Adhere to 5-S, Lean manufacturing and safety policies.
• Keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
• Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
• Use company suggestion box to provide innovative ideas to assist the company in progression.
• May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Minimum of two years of experience in a similar role required; experience in the truck body or construction industry is preferred
• Ability to read blueprints and a knowledge of engineered specific tolerances is an asset
• Demonstrated strong orientation to quality and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing is an asset.
• Demonstrated record of good attendance and reliability.
• Employee may be required to work in potentially hazardous environments requirement protective equipment
• Employee may be exposed to dust and high level of noise; may have long periods of standing, crouching or sitting.
• Manual dexterity required to operate tools and equipment.
• Ability to lift up to 60lbs.
• Overtime may be required.