Reporting to the Production Manager, the Assembler will assemble prefabricated metal parts to build modular storage units, move and align sub-assemblies and components, install major components, and inspect parts, sub-assemblies and finished products to ensure quality. Other tasks may be assigned as required.
Hours of Work: This position works Monday-Thursday night shift, approximately 40 hours (3:45pm-2:00am). Any additional hours only come at the request of management or overtime is required. All Night shifts are eligible for shift premiums (~$1.50/hour)
- Fit and assemble prefabricated metal components and parts to customer specifications
- Work efficiently within times allowed on work order for each project step; work effectively with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Scan on and off each step allocated on work order
- Fit and assemble metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools.
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Study and interpret drawings to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, tools to be used, and materials for the job requirements
- Measure, examine and test completed parts
- Communicate with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve quality issues.
- Adhere to 5-S, Lean manufacturing and safety policies.
- Keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Use company suggestion box to provide innovative ideas to assist the company in progression.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a similar role required; experience in the truck body or construction industry is preferred
- Ability to read blueprints and a knowledge of engineered specific tolerances is an asset
- Demonstrated strong orientation to quality and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing is an asset.
- Demonstrated record of good attendance and reliability.
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check is required.
- Employee may be required to work in potentially hazardous environments requirement protective equipment
- Employee may be exposed to dust and high level of noise; may have long periods of standing, crouching or sitting.
- Manual dexterity required to operate tools and equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs.
- Overtime may be required.