CNC Operator (Evenings)
Position Summary: Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the CNC Equipment Operator operates the CNC Turret Punch and/or CNC Press Brake machines and support the production team by assembling parts, operating machinery, bending, punching or sawing of metal products as instructed by supervisors. Produce a variety of parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings.
Hours of Work: This position works Monday to Friday Evenings (3:00 pm to 11:00 pm). Any additional hours only come at the request of management or if worked required.
- Operate the CNC Turret Punch, CNC press brake, and other machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators.
- Select proper punches and die clearances based on material requirements.
- Set up tooling, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Determine condition and safe functioning of tools and point of re-sharpening; re-sharpen punches and dies as needed.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with fast changing priorities.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Assemble items as instructed by shift leader or floor supervisor.
- Prepare product for shipment.
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually up to 60 pounds, or by using hoist. Physically able to clear jams from machine.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience operating and programming the Trumpf, Amada or similar CNC Turret Punches required; Experience with Dr. ABE highly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCad highly preferred.
- Previous experience with CNC press brake preferred.
- Solid background working with sheet metal.
- Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance.
- Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
- Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel and Stainless Steel, Copper and Brass.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in an effective way.
- Flexible schedule is required; this position requires shift work as well as some weekend work
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective and reliable team-player.
- Ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision while meeting all product quality requirements.
- Ability to read a tape measure and ruler (ability to convert fractions to decimals and conversely decimals to fractions).
- Ability to read blueprints and a knowledge of engineered specified tolerances.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds frequently.
- Employee may be required to work in potentially hazardous environments requiring protective equipment
- Employee may be exposed to dust, hazardous chemicals and high level of noise
- Employee may be exposed to uncomfortable work settings; may have long combinations of standing, crouching, or sitting
- Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Overtime as required
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: CNC Operator: 1 year (Preferred)