Position Summary: Working very closely with the Mechanical Design team, the Mechanical Designer/Drafter will provide high-quality contribution in the development of customer-driven design approaches and concepts. The individual will use extensive knowledge of design concepts and software tools (Solidworks) to develop their comprehensive drawings. They will also be responsible for augmenting and redesigning existing products and for developing new and innovative products and solutions to address industry needs.
General Job Duties:
- Build, redesign, utilize and augment product line; build standardization into existing products.
- Recommend and implement improvements to current design of products.
- Design, develop, and test new and redesigned products.
- Collaborate with clients on product requirements; manage and maintain customer relations
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Shop Floor, Applications, Purchasing, IT, etc.) to ensure project success.
- Assist with the development and coordination of project objectives, plans, costing.
- Monitor and evaluate progress of projects; ensure that each project is completed within the allocated budget and timeframe
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to conceive creative concepts in response to client needs, translating such concepts into visual formats.
- Identify and offer solutions to complex design challenges as they present themselves.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of recent and related work experience; including experience with CAD software required, SolidWorks experience, EPDM and DriveWorks preferred.
- Experience in Manufacturing, Machining and Assembly in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Additional Skills: experience with BOM’s and purchasing, DFA/DFM skills, experience in Project Management.
Why work for EZ STAK:
- We believe in a team-based approach to building our company
- We offer our staff a range of innovative HR initiatives including:
- Competitive salaries
- Health benefits
- Retirement benefits
- On-site gym
- Advancement opportunities
Job Type: Full-time