Position Summary: Reporting to the Engineering Manager the Product Designer will be responsible for increasing profitability on existing products, developing new products, and finding innovate solutions to address industry needs. The individual will use extensive knowledge of specialized design concepts, media and software tools (Solidworks, Excel) to develop innovative and comprehensive concepts and layouts, building brand identities and developing messaging and imaging.
General Job Duties:
- Develop new products according to corporate strategy and build standardization into existing products.
- Design develop and test new products.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Shop Floor, Applications, Purchasing, IT, Etc.) to ensure project success.
- Ensure that designs are safe, efficient, effective and able to be manufactured.
- Recommend and implement improvements to current design of products.
- Conceive creative concepts in response to client needs, translating such concepts into visual formats.
- Provide technical and creative guidance as required.
- Provide direct assistance in the building of brand identities and the development of messaging and imaging.
- Assist with the development of project plans and project costing.
- Assist in the development and mentoring of junior designers.
- Enhance currently built products to improve quality, ease of assembly, reduce assembly time, labour costs and waste on the shop floor using lean manufacturing principles.
- Liaise with Engineering Manager for R&D purposes, track R&D where applicable and maintain ECN as drawing issues come up.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of direct work experience required.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with CAD Software required, SolidWorks experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience with EDPM and Driveworks is an asset.
- Solid design and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated innovative and creative thinker.
- Ability to analyze and interpret user requirements.
- Experience in Manufacturing, Machining and Assembly in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Additional Skills: experience with BOM’s and purchasing, DFA/DFM skills, experience in Project Management.
Why work for EZ STAK:
- We believe in a team-based approach to building our company
- We offer our staff a range of innovative HR initiatives including:
- Competitive salaries
- Health benefits
- Retirement benefits
- On-site gym
- Advancement opportunities
Job Type: Full-time