Shipping and Receiving Clerk
The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for receiving vendor purchase orders and confirming that all inventory transactions are complete and documented, and shipping all final product to the Customer.
Hours of Work: Days Monday thru Friday, overtime as required Full-time
• Load, unload, and move products and materials by hand or equipment
• Use a forklift and other industrial equipment for unloading and moving products when needed
• Pick orders and prepare for shipping, including: stacking, wrapping, and crating products
• Pick material from warehouse for outbound orders, and ensure they are high quality materials being shipped
• Liaise with team leaders & project managers as materials are needed, assist in supplying shop workers with adequate materials/shop supplies
• Participate in clean-up and maintenance
• Put away received materials to proper bin locations
• Confirm inventory transactions are complete
• Learn and implement lean principles
• Use company suggestion box to provide innovative ideas to assist the company in progression.
• May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Forklift operator’s license.
• Able to operate a manual and an electric pallet truck
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
• Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
• Knowledge of safe lifting and handling techniques
• Basic mathematical skills required
• Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred
• Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Attention to detail in all areas of work
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing is an asset.
• Demonstrated record of good attendance and reliability.
• Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check is required
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
• Overtime as required
• Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required
• Work is performed in a combination of environments
• This position may be exposed to elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes and oils
• May be exposed to uncomfortable work settings; may have long combinations of standing, crouching, or sitting